- LEGION Act signed into law - Follow this link to see how it affects membership:
WWII: Dec. 7, 1941 - Present - you need to have only served one (1) day active duty and received an honorable discharge.
WWI: April 6, 1917 - Nov. 11, 1918
*If currently serving on active duty, you are eligible.
If you would like to join us:
1) Fill out the contact form on this page, or
2) Stop by the Post and request a membership application, or
3) Contact our Membership Officer: Doug Harris (605) 342-4930
Legionnaire Insurance Trust: As a member of the Legion Family, you are eligible for -no cost to you- Accidental Death Insurance Protection.
- $5,000 Accidental Death Protection if travelling on official American Legion Business
- $1,000 Accidental Death Protection for all other covered accidents
Click the button below to Confirm your eligibility and sign up for this coverage: