818 E. Saint Patrick St.
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Regular Member Meetings: 3rd Wed of each month at 6 P.M.
- Executive Committee Mtgs: 3rd Saturday each month at 9 A.M.
The American Legion is the Nation's largest wartime veterans service organization founded on the values, contributions and sacrifices of those who answered the nation's call to arms; therefore, we must:
- Respond to quality of life needs of all veterans and their families;
- Prepare each generation to meet its citizenship obligations;
- Maintain a strong national defense;
- Perpetuate the principles of government embodied in the United States Constitution as a
- Values-based organization committed to serving God, Country, community and every veteran today, tomorrow and into the 21st Century.
- Our Post 22 Veteran Service Officer (VSO) can be reached at: 605-923-8955.
- Our Post Honor Guard information can be found on the Post Programs/Services page.
Local News Stories about Post 22
Local NBC station features Post 22 in "Honor Their Service" segment:
Post 22 Nominees for 2023 Firefighter (Cassie Christy) and Law Enforcement Officer of The Year (Deputy Sheriff Mossman) take honors at the State Level.
Lounge Open to Public
Enjoy Video Poker and Pull Tabs
Mon-Sun: 11:30 AM till close
- Legion Grill: Open on Wednesdays only for Steak Dinners 5 - 8 P.M.
- Happy Hour: M-F 4-6P, and Daily Drink Specials
- Karaoke: Fri & Sat nights from 8 P.M. - 12 A.M. Provided by Jamazzzing entertainment.
- Sun: Football/Nascar
- Post 22 Baseball games televised live during the season
- Free Wifi
****LEGION GRILL: Reopened 6 September 2023. Open Wednesday nights only for our Steak Night Dinner special.
- October 18th 2023 at 6 P.M. Regular membership meeting.
- Jul 1st 2023: The 2024 membership year begins. You should be receiving your dues notice in the mail soon.
- November 11th (Veterans Day) Post 22 will host our annual Turkey Dinner for members and Veterans - more details to follow.
- If you would like to renew your 2024 membership using a credit card, follow this link.
-- Then click on the renew button and fill in your membership info
- LEGION Act signed into law - Thanks to the LEGION Act (Let Everyone Get Involved In Opportunities for National Service Act), Congress expanded the current eligibility period to cover Dec. 7, 1941, to the present, and includes the current war campaigns. Previously, there were seven declared war periods. Now there are two, the current war period dating back to World War II and another war era covering World War I. No other restrictions to American Legion membership changed. Follow this link to see how it affects membership: