818 E. Saint Patrick St.
Rapid City, SD 57701
The American Legion is the Nation's largest wartime veterans service organization founded on the values, contributions and sacrifices of those who answered the nation's call to arms; therefore, we must:
- Respond to quality of life needs of all veterans and their families;
- Prepare each generation to meet its citizenship obligations;
- Maintain a strong national defense;
- Perpetuate the principles of government embodied in the United States Constitution as a
- Values-based organization committed to serving God, Country, community and every veteran today, tomorrow and into the 21st Century.
Our Post 22 Veteran Service Officer (VSO) can be reached at: 605-388-2016
Local News Stories about Post 22
Local NBC station features Post 22 in "Honor Their Service" segment:
Post 22 and News Center 1 TV Sponsor Tee It Up For The Troops Golf Tournament in 2020
Click here to see the video:
KEVN Fox News recognizes Post 22 Oratorical Competition winner. Click on the link below to view the video
KNBN NBC (News Center 1) News recognizes Post 22 Oratorical Competition winner. Click on the link below to view the video
Post 22 Donates $250 to Boys Scouts Of America -
Black Hills Area Council to help replace stolen BB
Click here to read story in Rapid City Journal:
Lounge Open to Public
Enjoy Video Poker and Pull Tabs
Mon-Sun: 11:30 AM till close
- Legion Grill: Now open.
- Happy Hour: M-F 4-6P, and Daily Drink Specials
- Karaoke: Fri and Sat nights from 9PM - 1 AM. Provided by Colt 45 entertainment (see their website for details):
- Sun: Football/Nascar
- Post 22 Baseball games televised live during the season
- Free Wifi
Hours of operation: Tues - Thur 4 - 8 PM and Fri - Sat 11:30 A.M. - 8 P.M.
- Steak Night on Wednesday
- Fish/Shrimp Night on Friday
- Click on the link below to view the new menu.
- March 21st, 2021 at 2 P.M.: Post Everlasting Ceremony for members who've passed away in 2020. Must be in place by 1:45 P.M.
- April 11th, 2021 at (time TBD) District 2 Spring meeting in Martin S.D.
If you would like to renew your 2021 membership using a credit card, follow this link.
- LEGION Act signed into law - Thanks to the LEGION Act (Let Everyone Get Involved In Opportunities for National Service Act), Congress expanded the current eligibility period to cover Dec. 7, 1941, to the present, and includes the current war campaigns. Previously, there were seven declared war periods. Now there are two, the current war period dating back to World War II and another war era covering World War I. No other restrictions to American Legion membership changed. Follow this link to see how it affects membership:
South Dakota Veterans Forum events
Keep up with the SDMHF at its Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SDvetforum/
As always, the South Dakota Veterans Forum presentations are open to the public and take place at the South Dakota Air & Space Museum between 9 and 11 am. Free admission, free parking. Mark your calendar - set aside two hours on these Saturday mornings to listen to history not found in books!