818 E. Saint Patrick St.
Rapid City, SD 57701
- Regular Member Meetings: 3rd Wed of each month at 6 P.M.
- Executive Committee Mtgs: 3rd Saturday each month at 9 A.M.
The American Legion is the Nation's largest wartime veterans service organization founded on the values, contributions and sacrifices of those who answered the nation's call to arms; therefore, we must:
- Respond to quality of life needs of all veterans and their families;
- Prepare each generation to meet its citizenship obligations;
- Maintain a strong national defense;
- Perpetuate the principles of government embodied in the United States Constitution as a
- Values-based organization committed to serving God, Country, community and every veteran today, tomorrow and into the 21st Century.
- Our Post 22 Veteran Service Officer (VSO) can be reached at: 605-388-2016
- Our Post Honor Guard information can be found on the Post Programs/Services page.
Local News Stories about Post 22
Local NBC station features Post 22 in "Honor Their Service" segment:
Post 22 will be helping to sponsor the July 17 2023 event. Click here for details:
News Center 1 TV Sponsors Tee It Up For The Troops Golf Tournament in 2023
Click here to see the 2020 video:
Lounge Open to Public
Enjoy Video Poker and Pull Tabs
Mon-Sun: 11:30 AM till close
- Legion Grill: Now open.
- Happy Hour: M-F 4-6P, and Daily Drink Specials
- Karaoke: Fri and Sat nights from 9PM - 1 AM. Provided by Colt 45 entertainment (see their website for details):
- Sun: Football/Nascar
- Post 22 Baseball games televised live during the season
- Free Wifi
- Open - Tuesday - Friday 12 P.M. - 8 P.M.
- SPECIALS below from 5 - 8 P.M.:
- - Wednesday Steak Night
- - Thursday Steak Tips Night
- - Friday Fish Night
- Click on link below to view the new menu.
- April 19th 2023 at 6 P.M. Regular/Annual membership meeting.
- Jul 1st 2022: The 2023 membership year begins. If you have not renewed, you are now delinquent. Please send in your dues to your Post.
- 18 March 2023: American Legion Birthday event at Post 22...luncheon and awards ceremony begins at noon.
- 19 March 2023: Annual Post Everlasting ceremony to honor our departed comrades. Starts at 2 P.M.
- 26 March 2023: District 2 Spring meeting in Hot Springs SD. Starts at 11:30 A.M. at Post 71.
- If you would like to renew your 2023 membership using a credit card, follow this link.
-- Then click on the renew button and fill in your membership info
- LEGION Act signed into law - Thanks to the LEGION Act (Let Everyone Get Involved In Opportunities for National Service Act), Congress expanded the current eligibility period to cover Dec. 7, 1941, to the present, and includes the current war campaigns. Previously, there were seven declared war periods. Now there are two, the current war period dating back to World War II and another war era covering World War I. No other restrictions to American Legion membership changed. Follow this link to see how it affects membership: